Friday, August 8, 2008

I <3 Office Work

Design*Sponge's famous inside-out security envelope tutoiral



Every morning I collect the post. I use a knife to slit open the envelopes and pull the insides out, which I smooth flat and stamp "received". I then haphazardly tear the plastic windows out of the envelopes and pile them up next to the butchered envelopes. One neat pile goes in the green bin and the other goes in the silver bin.

Sometimes I am passed a collection of limp paper. Each subtly coloured piece needs to be signed, hole punched, dated, sorted, and stamped; passed from place to place, hand to hand.

I'm enjoying the paper, the different qualities each piece has, and the feeling of obsessive organisation. I used to pretend I was doing this as a child, playing post office with my brother.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. x

1 comment:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I'm glad you enjoy all the paper at your job. Way to be positive- I'm going to try it :) happy weekend.