Thursday, August 28, 2008

Elysa Voshell






My work is rooted in intersections between art, literature, and history, and draws from research into a constellation of interests: historical quotidian photography, eighteenth-century travel writing and cartography, the migratory patterns of birds, and anatomical maps of the body. My methodology stems from a desire to capture the ephemeral movements and places of memory within everyday life.


Elysa studied the same MA course in Book Arts as I did. I have never met her, unfortunately. Her work is so vibrant, sensitive and ephemeral.

3 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

You find the best stuff!

Anna Betts said...

Ooh lovely. Especially the book of transparencies, I go nutty for that stuff...

I found your blog through Francesca's (Mrs Eliott Books) and love the stuff you write aouut.

PS - I got on to the Illustration BA yay!

sarahelizabeth said...

Absolutely beautiful!