Friday, August 8, 2008

Etsy Artists' Books

Delicate book structures from Little Paper Bird - take a look at Little Paper Bird's AMAZING blog. I am not exagerrating, it is amazing.


The Flannel Shirt, Kerrie Carbary - I really like the way the artist has simply and poignantly approached such a personal subject in this accordian fold book.

Mini SF Photo Books - Kelly Lee Barrett
Orange Neighborhood, Vachi Designs
Veronica Press - "I Do (I Don't) is an artist's book/board game which takes the players on a romantic journey through a fairytale courtship... oh, who am I trying to kid? I cringe watching the equivalent of a house down payment or a new car get frittered away on ugly dresses, open bars, extravagant dinners, and bad DJs. I'm ashamed seeing women care more about the size of the diamond than the man who gave it to them. I'm disheartened seeing "'til death do us part" turn into "four or five good years." Since marriage seems to be taken so lightly these days, I decided to make a game of it. Sit down, pick up the dice, and wind your way through a few dates from hell before eventually finding Mr. Right and planning and executing the "perfect" wedding. (Really, have you ever worn any of your bride's maid's dresses again? I didn't think so. Mine are still collecting dust in the closet.)"


ByCole - a lovely book which allows you to make and present your own collage. I love books which have little bits of ephemera and found items hidden away inside.

I don't post about Etsy artists much, mainly because there seems to be a bit of a lack of Etsy artists' book makers. Here are a few I wouldn't mind in my collection. I've got another post in the making for later.

1 comment:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

the orange neighborhood is killing me! I love it :)