Friday, November 28, 2008

wraps, [un]folding, collaboration, personal perspectives, layering and secrets

Melanie Bush -





I came to book making as a means to communicate therapeutic stories for and about adopted children... Recently real life intervened and caused me to move away from the therapeutic and adoption books for the time being and towards books created more for simple exploration and communication. However, themes from the earlier books live on in my more recent work such as; wraps, [un]folding, collaboration, personal perspectives, layering and secrets.


4 comments:

jackie said...

Wow, those truffles look so good, but I also like your pictures of swirls of paper.

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

That is really interesting.
Hope you had a fantastic thanksgiving :)

Morna Crites-Moore said...

I love what you are doing with paper. Do you know about Su Blackwell? You will LOVE her work:
http://www.sublackwell.co.uk/index.php

karey m. said...

i need something from your shop.

just wanted to remind myself.