Monday, November 3, 2008

Tara Donovan at the ICA Boston

Nebulous, appearing like a mist over the floor, is made of nothing more than strips of Scotch® tape. Bluffs, nearly five-foot-high forms that suggest mountain peaks or stalagmites, are actually teetering stacks of plastic buttons. Creating astonishing visual experiences, the artist's work invites closer looking and bigger thinking about the everyday materials that surround us.

- ICA Boston website.





I can't remember exactly where I saw my first piece of Tara Donovan's work, but I love it. Who doesn't? Tara has her first major museum survey on at ICA Boston until January 4th, and how I wish I could visit!

I have been missing Atlanta ever since I left in April, but Boston is starting to sound very appealing. It seems they get everything right in New England. I don't think I mention often that I am married to an American woman and that, at present, there are no immigration rights for same-sex partners of American citizens. Sigh... fingers and toes crossed for Obama! I will be at a bar all night watching the election results, with a bunch of other Americans who are here with their English partners. I don't usually pray, but...

1 comment:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Have fun pulling an all nighter at the bar :)

Love these photos.