Monday, July 28, 2008

London Artists' Book Fair

I have just been thinking about the London Artists' Book fair. I exhibited my work at both the 2006 and 2007 fair as part of the Camberwell College of Art stall (where I studied for my Master's, sigh, how I miss those days). The fair is held in November at the ICA and, although I can't find any info about this year's fair yet, I am starting to think about having my own stall this year, or maybe a joint one with some friends.

Below are some of my favourite books from artists who exhibited at last year's fair.

Mette-Sofie D. Ambeck - Josef von Sternberg – Shadow is (I like this because it reminds me of my blog header, among other reasons.)


Nicola Dale - A Secret Heliotropism (2006)


Point and Place -

To open is to step inside. As soon as you have turned the first page of this book, you become implicated in its contents. The leaves open outwards – left to right, right to left – in a series of triptychs of image and text that overlay, interrupt and interact with each other. To open point and place is to assert yourself into its pages, to view and re-view, to find coincidences and foster connections…
- extract from essay on Point and Place by Mary Paterson



I also just wanted to show you these beautiful rings by Djurdjica Kesic, the whole website is full of beautiful, subtle jewellery with a very fine art vibe. Take a look here.


I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! x

2 comments:

Flora said...

Thanks for your comment! :)
I'm happy to find a blog on books and paper! You probably know Kylie Stillman?
http://kyliestillman.com/page2/page2.html

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

oh wow! what amazing books :) Just what I needed to see today.