Friday, June 6, 2008

Train of Thought

Hm... So many things to say, I don't really know where to start.

I was just reading through the striking blog 2 or 3 Things I Know and I was reminded of the work of Jessica Stockholder. I looked her up to marvel at her fabulous installations when I found Led Almost by my Tie, 2007 a collaboration between Stockholder and poet Jeremy Sigler. The book content is a Sigler poem which has been deconstructed and reconstructed by Stockholder and is made using layers of translucent and transparent mylar, plastic and paper pages, letterpress, lithography, digital printing and hand colouring.


Okay, so then I was looking through the Booklyn website when I found this amazing list of limited edition artists publications. Actually, the whole site is packed full of great info and images. I particularly like House of Ghosts by Marshall Webber, Christopher Wilde and Mark Wagner because I love architectural drawings, blueprints, lovely paper and transparent, ephemeral things.

Then I wanted to read some poems by Jeremy Sigler and I came across this interesting list of Artist/Poet collaborations, most of which I haven't seen before. You can flick through the pages to see the images and read the texts.

Now I Know, Jeremy Sigler

there is wind
so still
breeze so flat
turbulence
so dead
now I know
there is a point
between here and
near the still, flat
dead of you
beside the night sea
off the shore of me

3 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

oh yay! great links. Thanks for sharing... For some reason I just LOVE books with different forms of printing and paper all in one!!

Anonymous said...

yes go see Michael Samuels he is fantastic. P.s love your blog!
Julie.

Anonymous said...

he he he. I'm Jessica Fletcher from Murder She Wrote in disguise!x